KBND Morning News

ON AIR NOW

KBND Morning News

6:00am - 9:00am

Contact
Business News


Januarys National Association of Home Builders Housing Market Index fell 2 points. It stands at 67. The index was at 61 a year ago. All three of the index's components fell. Current sales conditions fell three points, sales expectations in the next six months fell two points, and buyer traffic fell one point. (CNBC)

Industrial production rose 0.8% in December.  With the cold weather the month saw the biggest jump in utilities since 1989. Industrial production fell at an annual rate of 0.6% in the fourth quarter. Manufacturing output edged up 0.2% and mining production was flat. Industrial capacity in use rose 0.6% in December to 75.5%. (Reuters)

Consumer prices climbed 0.3% in December. The CPI rose 2.1% in 2016 and was up 1.4% in 2015. Last month, gas climbed 3%, food prices were unchanged for a sixth straight month and the cost of food consumed at home dropped for an eighth consecutive month. (Reuters)

Rail carrier Union Pacific reported Q4 results. They had profits $1.39 per share up 6% from last quarter.  They had revenue of $2.0 billion, up 2%.  For all of 2016 profits were $5.07 per share a decline of 8%. Revenue totaled $7.3 billion, down 10%. (PR Newswire)
    
With Northwest Quadrant Wealth Management, a Registered Investment Advisor I am Troy Reinhart.

Hide Comments

Traffic

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.

 

  • I-84,Troutdale MP 17 - 62, in the Coumbia Gorge remains closed. The highway is closed EB at Exit 17 in Troutdale. Trucks use US-26 to OR-35 as an alternate route.

 

  • Construction at 27th Street . Northbound Lane Closed from Ferguson to Bear Creek.  Detour in place.

 

  • 27th and Bear Creek Rd intersection varying traffic control changes

 

  • O.B. Riley Road South-bound lane closed south of Mervin Samples Rd (12/17)