KBND Logo

 

On Air Now

Lars Larson
ON AIR NOW
Lars Larson
6:00pm - 9:00pm
Contact

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Local News


Quick thinking workers at a Bend hair salon kept smoke and fire in a clothes dryer at a minimum.  Just before noon on Tuesday; Bend Fire responded to a call about the fire at Plethora Salon on SW Knoll.  When the firefighters arrived, salon workers had used fire extinguishers to keep the fire from spreading and contained within the dryer that was being used to dry salon towels.  The fire report says while the investigation is continuing, they remind you to clean your dryer lint collectors and  that rags that were used with any kind of alkaloid oil such as linseed or olive oils can react to high dryer heat and combust.  The damages were confined to the dryer with a loss of about $500.

 

Traffic & Weather

 

 

Ferguson Road closed between 15th Street and King Solomon Lane. (6/13)

 

Round-About Construction:

 

Murphy Road and Parrell Road closed with detours. (9/30)

 

Powell Butte Highway at Neff and Alfalfa Market Roads (8/31)

 
LinkedUpRadio Envisionwise Web Services