Lars Larson

ON AIR NOW

Lars Larson

12:00pm - 3:00pm

Contact
Local News


Quick thinking workers at a Bend hair salon kept smoke and fire in a clothes dryer at a minimum.  Just before noon on Tuesday; Bend Fire responded to a call about the fire at Plethora Salon on SW Knoll.  When the firefighters arrived, salon workers had used fire extinguishers to keep the fire from spreading and contained within the dryer that was being used to dry salon towels.  The fire report says while the investigation is continuing, they remind you to clean your dryer lint collectors and  that rags that were used with any kind of alkaloid oil such as linseed or olive oils can react to high dryer heat and combust.  The damages were confined to the dryer with a loss of about $500.

Help Puerto Rico

Most organizations are asking for cash, rather than supplies, so they can route help to where it’s needed most more quickly. Here are some of the largest groups with campaigns underway:

 

Traffic

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.

 

  • Intersection of NW Broadway Street and NW Delaware for waterline replacement project, road closures with detours clearly marked for thru traffic, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily with roads opened nightly. Motorists are encouraged to avoid this area and use Bond Street and Wall Street.

 

  • Nels Anderson Road between Nels Anderson Place and Brandis Court, single northbound shoulder closure will be in effect, two-way traffic to be maintained. Project completion expected December 2017.