George Noorey

ON AIR NOW

George Noorey

9:00pm - 12:00am

Contact
Local News


Three Central Oregonians are recently hospitalized for botulism after eating home canned beets at a private barbeque.  Two of the patients are out of the hospital, but Deschutes County health officials want to warn people about the dangers of botulism.  If food isn't canned properly, specifically at a temperatures above 240 degrees, botulism spores aren't destroyed and can make people sick.  Eric Mone is with the Deschutes County Health Department.  “Botulism is a muscle paralyzing disease.  It starts in the cranial area and goes right to your toe.  You will become paralyzed and can't breach.  One case of botulism is cause for alarm.”  On average, Oregon sees about two cases of botulism a year.  So for one area to see three cases, is a lot.  Health officials says botulism is not spread person to person, so there is no risk to the general public.

Help Puerto Rico

Most organizations are asking for cash, rather than supplies, so they can route help to where it’s needed most more quickly. Here are some of the largest groups with campaigns underway:

 

Traffic

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.

 

  • Intersection of NW Broadway Street and NW Delaware for waterline replacement project, road closures with detours clearly marked for thru traffic, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily with roads opened nightly. Motorists are encouraged to avoid this area and use Bond Street and Wall Street.

 

  • Nels Anderson Road between Nels Anderson Place and Brandis Court, single northbound shoulder closure will be in effect, two-way traffic to be maintained. Project completion expected December 2017.