Joe Pags

ON AIR NOW

Joe Pags

6:00pm - 9:00pm

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- Local firefighters were busy over the weekend. Friday night, Bend crews responded to a small fire inside a home on NE Norton. Investigators say a portable air conditioner failed while the homeowners were away. The unit caught fire and ignited nearby furniture. The fire was discovered by neighbors and quickly extinguished firefighters. It caused about $100,000 in damage to the home and its contents. 

 

Saturday morning, the northeast Bend Fitness 1440 was evacuated after smoke was discovered inside (above). Firefighters found flames between the ceiling and roof; they say the fire started in the men’s locker room sauna. They cut holes in the roof to ensure all flames were extinguished. That fire left about $85,000 in damage.
 
And, Sunday afternoon, Redmond firefighters stopped a blaze from spreading on a Terrebonne property after a hay baler caught fire while working in the field (right). Crews spent about an hour making sure the fire was fully out. 

Hide Comments

Help Puerto Rico

Most organizations are asking for cash, rather than supplies, so they can route help to where it’s needed most more quickly. Here are some of the largest groups with campaigns underway:

 

Traffic

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.

 

  • Intersection of NW Broadway Street and NW Delaware for waterline replacement project, road closures with detours clearly marked for thru traffic, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily with roads opened nightly. Motorists are encouraged to avoid this area and use Bond Street and Wall Street.

 

  • Nels Anderson Road between Nels Anderson Place and Brandis Court, single northbound shoulder closure will be in effect, two-way traffic to be maintained. Project completion expected December 2017.