ON AIR NOW

Coast to Coast

9:00pm - 12:00am

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- An alert neighbor is credited with spotting a fire inside a Deschutes River Woods home, Wednesday morning. Initially he thought it was steam, but quickly realized it was smoke. Firefighters responded to Minnetonka Lane just after 8:30 a.m. and found the blaze inside a clothes dryer. They were able to keep it from spreading.

 

Bend Fire says the incident was caused by a packrat or other rodent’s nest inside the dryer itself – the vent was not involved. Investigators say dog food brought into the nest by the rodent was close to the heating element and caught fire when the appliance was turned on.

 

Damage was limited to the dryer, along with a small amount of smoke and water. 

Hide Comments

Traffic

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.
  • Roundabout at intersection of NW Shevlin Park Road and NW Mt. Washington Drive for roundabout reconstruction, road closure with detours, 5/13/19 - 6/27/19.
  • SE Cessna Drive between SE Piper Drive and SE Craven Road for waterline installation, road closure with detour, 5/20/19 – 6/6/19.
  • NE 6th Street between NE Greenwood Avenue (US Hwy 20) and NE Majesty Lane for asphalt speed hump installation, pavement markings, and concrete work at several intersections, rolling one block closures and detours along with day time flagging, 4/29/19 – 6/15/19.
  • Brosterhous Road between American Lane and Jacklight Lane for sewer main installation, southbound lane closures with detours, until 7/15/19.
KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER