Hugh Hewitt

ON AIR NOW

Hugh Hewitt

3:00am - 5:00am

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- An early Sunday morning fire heavily damaged a southeast Bend home, and officials say the family is lucky no one was hurt. According to fire investigators, a heat lamp for chicks was duct taped to a table; the fire started when the tape could no longer support the weight of the industrial lamp, and it fell.

 

One person awoke just after 2 a.m. to find smoke filling the house and alerted the others – smoke alarms were not working.  All residents, including the chicks, got out of the Alstrup Road home safely and firefighters were able to knock down the blaze, but not before it caused about 65-thousand dollars in damage. 

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

 

  • Powers Road between SW Elkhorn Street and Porcupine Drive for paving, road closure with local access only, 9/16/19 - 9/17/19.
  • Rockbluff Lane between SW Elkhorn Street and SW Cliffrose Drive for paving, road closure with local access only, 9/16/19 - 9/17/19.
  • Cooley Road between Highway 97 and Hunters Circle for railroad crossing repairs, road closure with detour, 9/16/19 - 9/17/19.
  • NE 3rd Street between NE Greenwood Avenue and NE Franklin Avenue for Citywide Pedestrian Safety Improvements, periodic lane closures with local access, 9/16/19 - 10/25/19, night work from 10 p.m. - 10 a.m.
  • NE Revere Avenue between Division Street and NE Lytle Street for railroad crossing repairs, road closure with detours, 9/18/19 - 9/20/19.

 

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER