Joe Pags

ON AIR NOW

Joe Pags

6:00pm - 9:00pm

Contact
Local News


LA PINE, OR -- A La Pine toddler is recovering from an accidental drug overdose after eating a marijuana edible, earlier this week. According to the Sheriff’s Office, the two-year-old boy consumed a homemade THC-infused candy left on a table. 

 

Deputies say his 27-year-old mother discovered the partially eaten candy but waited several hours, until overdose symptoms worsened, to call 911. When medics arrived, the toddler was clearly in distress; he was taken to the hospital with life-threatening overdose symptoms. Katelynn Joy is charged with child endangerment and neglect.  
 
THC is the mind-altering ingredient in marijuana that provides the "high" for users. Because the candy was homemade, investigators say there's no way to know how much T-H-C the boy consumed. 

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

  • NE 3rd Street between NE Greenwood Avenue and NE Franklin Avenue for Citywide Pedestrian Safety Improvements, periodic lane closures with local access, 9/16/19 - 10/25/19, night work from 10 p.m. - 10 a.m.
  • NE Revere Avenue between Division Street and NE Lytle Street for railroad crossing repairs, road closure with detours, 9/18/19 - 9/20/19.

 

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER