Heather Roberts

ON AIR NOW

Heather Roberts

8:00am - 9:00am

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- Bend fire says a carelessly discarded cigarette led to a fire at the Riverhouse on the Deschutes that caused about $20,000 in damage, Wednesday. Maintenance staff called 911 at about 6:45 p.m. They started evacuating the area and attacking the blaze with fire extinguishers.


When fire crews arrived, they found flames burning up an exterior wall. The hotel was at 100% occupancy, but firefighters were able to put out the flames before they spread inside, and guests were able to return to their rooms. 


Investigators say smoking material tossed from a second-floor walkway ignited dryer lint that had accumulated on the ground outside the main laundry.

 

File photos

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

  • NE 3rd Street between NE Greenwood Avenue and NE Franklin Avenue for Citywide Pedestrian Safety Improvements, periodic lane closures with local access, 9/16/19 - 10/25/19, night work from 10 p.m. - 10 a.m.
  • NE Revere Avenue between Division Street and NE Lytle Street for railroad crossing repairs, road closure with detours, 9/18/19 - 9/20/19.

 

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER