ON AIR NOW

America in the Morning

5:00am - 6:00am

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- Bend Fire crews responded to the smell of natural gas in the alley near Minnesota and Wall Street, downtown, Tuesday afternoon. Firefighters determined there were no gas leaks inside any buildings and no one was evacuated.

 

Eventually, they found a leak coming from a broken fitting on a newly replaced meter. Cascade Natural Gas responded and replaced the fitting, stopping the leak. 

 

Bend Fire reminds everyone, if you smell gas, don't hesitate to call 911. Firefighters and the gas company will respond with gas detection equipment to locate the leak. 

Hide Comments

Election 2018
Viral Videos