Bill Cunningham  
ON AIR NOW
Bill Cunningham
7:00pm - 10:00pm
Live on Sunday Nights it's Bill Cunningham
Contact Me
My Blog
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Local News

Small Fire Caused by Heat Lamp


It’s a common problem fire departments run into during the winter: people are trying to keep their livestock warm and rig heat lamps in sheds and pens to help keep them warm. Wednesday, around noon, Redmond Fire was called to a fire in an outbuilding off on O'Neil way. "In those pens, the owner has some pigs and she was using a heat lamp to help keep them warm. One of the heat lamps had come loose and dropped lamp-side down onto the straw, which ignited. Luckily a couple of contractors were going to that residence to do some work, discovered the fire early on and were able to extinguish it with a garden hose." Redmond Fire Marshal Traci Cooper says when Redmond Fire arrived on the scene, they made sure the fire was completely out. No pigs were harmed. Cooper says if you need to use a heat lamp, make sure it is well away from any combustible material and out of range for the livestock to bump it, causing it to dislodge and come into contact with the bedding materials. If in doubt, you can always call the fire department and they can inspect your set up.


LinkedUpRadio Envisionwise Web Services