Lars Larson

ON AIR NOW

Lars Larson

8:00pm - 10:00pm

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- A northeast Bend chicken coop was destroyed in a fire blamed on a heating lamp, Tuesday afternoon. Firefighters responded to the home near Fourth and Hawthorne, across from Hawthorne Station, just before 12:30 p.m. and found the coop fully engulfed, with flames spreading to brush. They were able to stop the blaze before it reached a nearby detached garage. 


Fire investigators say a heat lamp secured by a clamp inside the coop fell into bedding, igniting the fire. Officials suggest heat lamps used for animals be secured to their supports by more than a clamp, which loses strength as it warms. 

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.
  • NE 4th Street is CLOSED between Addison and Xerxes until 8/30/19
  • Brosterhous Road CLOSED with detours between American Lane and News Lane until 8/30/19
  • ODOT crews performing shoulder work. Expect delays of up to 20 minutes on Deschutes Market Road, Alfalfa Market Road, Neff Road, Hamby Road, NW Lower Bridge Way, Fryrear Road and South Century Drive. At times, the road may be restricted to one lane which will be controlled by flaggers. 
     
KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER