ON AIR NOW

Coast to Coast

9:00pm - 12:00am

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- Bend Fire says a residential sprinkler system saved an apartment from major damage, Monday. A unit responded to an alarm at the Outlook at Pilot Butte apartments, just before 2:30 p.m. They discovered a resident tried to put out a grease fire by putting a pan in the sink and turning on the faucet; that resulted in a ball of fire, which activated the sprinkler.

 

The fire was out before the investigator arrived and no fire engines were called to the scene. While the blaze caused about $2,700 in damage, Bend Fire says no one was hurt and it could’ve been much worse had the sprinklers not activated. They also remind you to never put water on a grease fire. Use a lid to cut off the supply of air to the flames.

Hide Comments

Traffic

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.
  • Roundabout at intersection of NW Shevlin Park Road and NW Mt. Washington Drive for roundabout reconstruction, road closure with detours, 5/13/19 - 6/27/19.
  • SE Cessna Drive between SE Piper Drive and SE Craven Road for waterline installation, road closure with detour, 5/20/19 – 6/6/19.
  • NE 6th Street between NE Greenwood Avenue (US Hwy 20) and NE Majesty Lane for asphalt speed hump installation, pavement markings, and concrete work at several intersections, rolling one block closures and detours along with day time flagging, 4/29/19 – 6/15/19.
  • Brosterhous Road between American Lane and Jacklight Lane for sewer main installation, southbound lane closures with detours, until 7/15/19.
KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER