George Noorey

ON AIR NOW

George Noorey

12:00am - 2:00am

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- Bend Fire says smoke detectors likely saved the lives of a northwest Bend family, early Sunday morning. They woke up to alarms sounding, just after midnight, and found smoke filling their home on Northwest Nordeen Way. 


Firefighters discovered the blaze in the fireplace chase behind the wood burning fireplace, which was equipped with a natural gas burner. Officials say it was properly installed and permitted at the time of construction, and was recently cleaned by a certified chimney sweep. They aren’t sure why it malfunctioned. 


The fire caused about $80,0000 in damage, but the family safely evacuated and there were no injuries.

Hide Comments

Traffic

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.
  • Roundabout at intersection of NW Shevlin Park Road and NW Mt. Washington Drive for roundabout reconstruction, road closure with detours, 5/13/19 - 6/27/19.
  • Empire at Purcell CLOSED for RAB contruction through August.
  • RDM:SW 15th St from SW Indian Ave to SW Kalama Ave – Closed for construction thru August 15, 2019
  • Brosterhous Road between American Lane and Jacklight Lane for sewer main installation, southbound lane closures with detours, until 7/15/19.
KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER