KBND Logo

 

On Air Now

Jim Bohannon
ON AIR NOW
Jim Bohannon
3:00am - 4:00am
Contact

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Local News


An early morning structure fire caused an estimated $10-thousand dollars damage on Joe Neil Road, northeast of Bend.  Bend Fire & Rescue responded to a report of smoke coming from under the house around 6:30 Sunday morning.  Firefighters found smoke coming into the house from around the fireplace.  After dismantling the fireplace, they found the mortar between the fireplace box and hearth had fail, allowing embers to fall onto the subflooring and starting a fire.  They were able to extinguish the flames…preventing further damage to the house.   There were no injuries during the incident.  Fire officials recommend that fireplaces and woodstoves are cleaned and inspected by a qualified professional at least once a year.

Hide Comments

 

Traffic & Weather

  • Brookswood Blvd CLOSED >< Pinebrook and Lodgepole Dr. (5/14 - 9/4)
  • Bradbury Way closed through August 17th.
  • Milwaukee Avenue closed between N.W. 12th and 13th Streets.(7/13-8/7)
  • Sidewalk/Bike Lane closures various sections of Summit Drive through the end of August.
 
LinkedUpRadio Envisionwise Web Services