KBND Logo

 

On Air Now

George Noorey
ON AIR NOW
George Noorey
12:00am - 5:00am
Contact

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Local News


The residents at an assisted living facility proved that their regular fire drills paid off. The staff at The Heights Assisted Living facility on Southwest 32nd Street in Redmond called Redmond Fire to report smoke coming from the janitor's closet. "Staff went ahead and evacuated the wing where the smoke was coming from, the upstairs and downstairs portion of that. When crews arrived on scene, it was determined that we had smoke coming from the building. So at that point, because weather conditions weren't too adverse this morning, just to err on the side of safety, we went ahead and moved them to the front of the residence." Fire Marshal Traci Cooper says the cause of the fire was some combustible materials too close to a heat source. Cooper says the residents knew exactly what to do, thanks to regular fire drills, but it still was a cause for excitement in the facility.  Cooper says no one was hurt and all the residents were taken back into the facility a short time later. There was minimal damage.

 

 

Share

 

Traffic & Weather

  • Brookswood Blvd CLOSED >< Pinebrook and Lodgepole Dr. (5/14 - 9/4)
  • Skyline Ranch Road CLOSED behind Summit High School (4/22 - 7/22)
  • Lane closures Shevlin Park Road 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (7/13-8/3)
 
LinkedUpRadio Envisionwise Web Services