George Noorey

ON AIR NOW

George Noorey

12:00am - 6:00am

Contact
Local News


A serious burn case in the Portland area should serve as a warning to parents in Central Oregon. A 12 year old boy is being treated for serious burns over much of his body at a Portland Burn Center.  This, after gasoline vapors ignited while he was trying to light some toys on fire. It was the second incident within one hour where a child in the Portland area was burned. Brian Barker from the Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue says luckily a sheriff's deputy was in the area when the boy caught on fire: “A Washington County Sheriff's Deputy is driving down 160th and looks into a driveway of a house and sees a we year old boy on fire and people helping trying to put the flames out.” The parents were inside the home at the time and had no idea their son was on fire. Emergency officials hope this is a wake up call for parents everywhere to remind their children not to play with fire and chemicals.

 

 

Share
Traffic & Weather

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.

 

  • Construction at 27th Street . Northbound Lane Closed from Reed Market to Bear Creek.  Detour in place.

 

 

Weather Widget