Lance Fisher

ON AIR NOW

Lance Fisher

5:00am - 6:00am

Contact
Local News


Fire investigators in Bend say the most likely cause of a house fire on Northeast 9th Street last night was the improper disposal of cigarettes. Bend Fire officials say the fire originated on the front wood deck adjacent to a metal bucket use to dispose of cigarettes. The fire rapidly intensified and entered the front of the house after breaking through a window, front door, and under the roof eaves. Fire investigators also say that there was not a working smoke alarm and the occupants were alerted when one of them happened to awaken and discovered smoke. The house is owned by Ron and Susan Neal, and Zarian McManus is renting the home.

 

 

Share
Traffic

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.

 

  • Construction at 27th Street . Northbound Lane Closed from Reed Market to Bear Creek.  Detour in place.