Rush Limbaugh

ON AIR NOW

Rush Limbaugh

9:00am - 12:00pm

Contact
Local News


Smoldering cigarettes is the cause for a fire on the deck of a home on southeast Douglas Street in Bend Thursday morning.  When Bend Fire arrives at the single story residence, they found the deck full engulfed and spreading to the house. The fire crews were able to stop the fire from spreading to the rest of the house.

Homeowners Fred and Wilma Mayer say the smouldering cigarette butts were left in a planter from painting crews working on the house. The home was vacant at the time. Bend Fire wants to remind everyone to dispose of your smoking materials in a noncombustible container.

 

 

Share
Help Puerto Rico

Most organizations are asking for cash, rather than supplies, so they can route help to where it’s needed most more quickly. Here are some of the largest groups with campaigns underway:

 

Traffic

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.

 

  • Intersection of NW Broadway Street and NW Delaware for waterline replacement project, road closures with detours clearly marked for thru traffic, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily with roads opened nightly. Motorists are encouraged to avoid this area and use Bond Street and Wall Street.

 

  • Nels Anderson Road between Nels Anderson Place and Brandis Court, single northbound shoulder closure will be in effect, two-way traffic to be maintained. Project completion expected December 2017.