Crook County firefighters battled a brush and camping trailer fire Thursday afternoon in Powell Butte. Losses include the trailer, and a small part of a barn less than a quarter of an acre. Fire investigators say the quick acting of neighbors who moved the trailer away from the barn, limited the damage to the barn.
The fire started because of some weed burning earlier in the day by the homeowner.
Small fire in Bend
Bend Fire put out a small brush fire off Johnson Road Wednesday afternoon. The quarter acre brush fire was in dense brush and trees, about 100 yards from the nearest structure. The fire was quickly controlled, but crews remained on the scene for several hours to make sure it didn't re-ignite. A power line had shorted out and dropped sparks on the ground that started the fire.