KBND Logo

 

On Air Now

Jim Bohannon
ON AIR NOW
Jim Bohannon
3:00am - 4:00am
Contact

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Local News


Fire officials have been warning us of the hazards of using bark mulch around our homes. The Bend Fire and Rescue previous warnings about bark fires became reality; this time in the middle of the night. Occupants of a home on Arrowhead Drive, near Tumalo, were alerted by smoke alarms around 3:30 Saturday morning and found smoke in the house. When firefighters arrived, they found that bark mulch that had been applied a week before was in contact with the outside of the house, and spontaneously ignited. The flames spread into the walls of the home. Total damage is estimated at $27,000. No injuries are reported. The fire department recommends gravel instead of bark.

 

 

Share

 

Traffic & Weather

  • Brookswood Blvd CLOSED >< Pinebrook and Lodgepole Dr. (5/14 - 9/4)
  • Skyline Ranch Road CLOSED behind Summit High School (4/22 - 7/22)
  • Vandevert CLOSED between US 97 and Blue Eagle Road to replace RR crossing. (5/27 - 29)
 
LinkedUpRadio Envisionwise Web Services