Mark Levin

ON AIR NOW

Mark Levin

3:00pm - 6:00pm

Contact
Local News


Late Friday night, Bend Fire is called out to a home on Mainline Drive in Bend to a car fire.  The car was a fully restored 1956 Corvette owned by Tom and Sue Archey. The cause was determined to be an electrical fure under the hood.  Estimated loss is $25,000. Below is the Bend Fire report.

 

********

 

Bend Fire Department responded Friday night to a car fire inside a garage on Mainline Rd in SE Bend. Crews arrived and found a fully restored 1956 Corvette on fire. The owners had a smoke alarm in the garage that alerted them to the fire. They took quick action to attempt to extinguish the fire with a home fire extinguisher while calling 911 immediately.
 

The fire was quickly extinguished and the car was removed from garage to prevent any damage to the home. The investigation determined that an electrical failure under the hood ignited the fire. The fire damaged the engine and interior of the car. The car was fully restored in 2006 and was used for car shows all along the west coast. The fire damage was limited to the Corvette while there is some lingering smoke smell within the garage and home. The car and home were fully insured. 

Traffic

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.

 

  • North 3rd St >< Division and O.B. Riley Rd, single lane N-Bound (6/15-8/30)
  • South 3rd St >< Wilson and Reed Ln, single lane closures South Bound 5a-2p (8/30)
  • Construction at 27th Street . Northbound Lane Closed from Ferguson to Bear Creek.  Detour in place.
  • O.B. Riley Road South-bound lane closed south of Mervin Samples Rd (12/17)
  • Butler Market East-bound lane closed E of 4th St. for sewer construction. (12/17)