If you don't like snakes, this story may really grab your attention. Jefferson County Sheriff's officials report that a 17 year old Portland girl was bitten by a rattlesnake at a camp near Madras. She was taken to the hospital and is expected to recover. The girl was crossing a road at the campground around 9:30 at night and using a flashlight, when she was biten on the ankle. An emergency room manager in Bend, Steve Kreps says they sometimes see rattlesnake bites during the summer when people are out camping and hiking. He says most bites are on the hand, and if struck you need to remove your rings right away, and, of course get to an emergency room. "Another thing that people don't think about but this helps: in the treatment when you do finally get to the hospital, if you've got a pen is marking the swelling as it occurs. It’s something that helps us in the Emergency Department to know how bad this bite will actually be. If they invenomate you that helps us know how much anti-venom you might need." He also says its important to try and stay calm so the venom doesn't race through your body faster.