Lars Larson

ON AIR NOW

Lars Larson

12:00pm - 3:00pm

Contact
Regional News


If you haven't tested your home for radon gas...you should buy a test kit at a hardware store.   They cost between $10-$30.  Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that can cause lung cancer.  Brett Sherry, with the Oregon Health Authority, says it's important for all homeowners to run the test, because radon levels vary from house to house.  New test results show the Portland area can have levels double the national average.  That's because floods that occurred thousands of years ago pushed soil with granite into the area and that soil can contain higher levels of radon gas.

Traffic & Weather

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.

 

  • Construction at 27th Street . Northbound Lane Closed from Reed Market to Bear Creek.  Detour in place.

 

 

Weather Widget