George Noorey

ON AIR NOW

George Noorey

12:00am - 2:00am

Contact
Regional News


A Salem man is cited for using a propane torch to clear morning glory plants from his yard and instead catching his home on fire. Police say they were called to the Salem home yesterday afternoon after a man accidently started the fire that quickly spread to larger bushes and then a nearby house.  "Sounds like he almost wandered off; didn't realize that the arborvitaes went up. Because the neighbors said they saw it hit the arborvitaes, and they were tinder and they were dry and within a minute they were just fully engulfed.” The neighbors rescued an elderly resident who was home at the time. The elderly man was uninjured.

 

 

Share
Traffic

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.

 

  • North 3rd St >< Division and O.B. Riley Rd, single lane N-Bound (6/15-8/30)
  • South 3rd St >< Wilson and Reed Ln, single lane closures South Bound 5a-2p (8/30)
  • Construction at 27th Street . Northbound Lane Closed from Ferguson to Bear Creek.  Detour in place.
  • O.B. Riley Road South-bound lane closed south of Mervin Samples Rd (12/17)
  • Butler Market East-bound lane closed E of 4th St. for sewer construction. (12/17)