The fire broke out just after 4 P.M. on Monday in northeast Bend on Shetland Loop.
Investigators say the occupants at the house had smoked on the back deck earlier that afternoon and their cigarette butts were improperly disposed of into a plastic flower pot that caught fire. The fire spread to the attic.
The fire threatened neighboring homes, but luckily firefighters were able to extinguish the fire before that happened.
Jones Road, full road closure between Bennington Lane and NE Butler Market Road. May 18 – August 18, local access only.
Orion Drive closed in two locations for sewer work; at the intersection with Avery Lane and between Desert Woods Drive and King Hezekiah Way. From July 11 to Sept. 6. Detours marked.
Valhalla Sewer Relocation Project, Mt. Washington Drive at Shevlin Park Road intersection and North to Regency Street. Nighttime closures with detours marked during roundabout construction. Daytime closures for construction towards Regency Street. 7 p.m. – 7 a.m., July 11 – November.