Six Central Oregon nonprofits have received grants totaling more than $111,000 from the Meyer Memorial Trust.
• Abilitree in Bend was awarded $24,490 to provide training for people with disabilities.
• The Latino Community Association in Bend was awarded $24,500 to provide self-sufficiency services for the immigrant Latino community.
• The Nature of Words in Bend got $20,000 to support its Literary Arts Program.
• St. Vincent de Paul in Bend was awarded $25,000 to allow for donors to contribute funds electronically.
• Rising Stars Preschool in La Pine was awarded $11,250 to support its program that serves lower-income families in Deschutes County.
• The Education Foundation in Bend got $6,000 for strategic and fund development planning.