Mark Levin

ON AIR NOW

Mark Levin

3:00pm - 6:00pm

Contact
Local News


REDMOND, OR -- A southwest Redmond family awoke to the smell of smoke in their home, early Monday morning, and firefighters say they were very lucky to escape unharmed, as there were no working smoke alarms. 


Fire crews arrived at the house on Southwest Parkway Drive about 2:30 a.m. and discovered a small fire in the attic. They believe it started when the chimney got so hot it ignited a mattress and cardboard leaning against the exposed brick. Firefighters removed the burning material, ventilated the home and installed a smoke detector before they left.

 

The family of four and their dog was able to return home after the fire was extinguished. 

Hide Comments

Traffic

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.
  • Empire at Purcell CLOSED for RAB contruction through mid-August.
  •  Empire and Purcell Blvd closure expanded to include Spinnaker Street (7/15 – 24) 
  • RDM:SW 15th St from SW Indian Ave to SW Kalama Ave – Closed for construction thru August 15,2019 
  • TERREBONNE: C Avenue is closed >< Hwy 97 and 6th St (7/8-8/13)
KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER