Rush Limbaugh

ON AIR NOW

Rush Limbaugh

10:00am - 1:00pm

Contact
Local News


REDMOND, OR -- Investigators say a fire inside a northwest Redmond home was extinguished by the same item that started it. A man returned to his home on NW Nickernut Ct. just before 10 p.m., Friday, to find his house filled with smoke and glass and water on the floor. He called 9-1-1, unsure what had happened.


When firefighters responded, they discovered a blaze had started in the back of a cabinet holding a 25-gallon fish tank. The fire broke the glass, spilling the tank’s contents and extinguishing the flames. The blaze caused about $1,000 in damage. 


Crews found two lifeless catfish on the floor covered in soot, and were able to revive them in a sink.

 

Redmond Fire responded to another incident about a mile away, Sunday evening. They say a fire started in the home's kitchen, on NW 20th St., when someone turned the wrong dial on the stove, igniting a burner instead of the oven. Materials left on top of the stove caught on fire, but it was put out with a fire extinguisher before crews arrived. 

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.
  • NE 4th Street is CLOSED between Addison and Xerxes until 8/30/19
  • Brosterhous Road CLOSED with detours between American Lane and News Lane until 8/30/19
  • ODOT crews performing shoulder work. Expect delays of up to 20 minutes on Deschutes Market Road, Alfalfa Market Road, Neff Road, Hamby Road, NW Lower Bridge Way, Fryrear Road and South Century Drive. At times, the road may be restricted to one lane which will be controlled by flaggers. 
     
KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER