Ben Shapiro

ON AIR NOW

Ben Shapiro

3:00pm - 5:00pm

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- A northeast Bend manufactured home was damaged by fire, early Friday morning. Firefighters say everyone evacuated safely, despite not having any smoke alarms. Bend Fire responded to the house on Cooley, near O.B. Riley Road, just before 5 a.m. The father smelled smoke and went to investigate, discovering the blaze in a back bedroom.

 

Crews quickly knocked down the fire, but not before it heavily damaged the bedroom and its contents. Damages total an estimated $20,000. Investigators believe the fire started at the home's main electrical panel. 

 

Bend Fire urges everyone to have working smoke detectors. The agency offers free home smoke alarm checks, as well as installation and other resource help; call 541-322-6300 to set up an appointment. The Red Cross also provides free smoke alarms throughout Central Oregon. 

 

 

Hide Comments

Traffic

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.
  • Roundabout at intersection of NW Shevlin Park Road and NW Mt. Washington Drive for roundabout reconstruction, road closure with detours, 5/13/19 - 6/27/19.
  • SE Cessna Drive between SE Piper Drive and SE Craven Road for waterline installation, road closure with detour, 5/20/19 – 6/6/19.
  • NE 6th Street between NE Greenwood Avenue (US Hwy 20) and NE Majesty Lane for asphalt speed hump installation, pavement markings, and concrete work at several intersections, rolling one block closures and detours along with day time flagging, 4/29/19 – 6/15/19.
  • Brosterhous Road between American Lane and Jacklight Lane for sewer main installation, southbound lane closures with detours, until 7/15/19.
KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER