George Noorey

ON AIR NOW

George Noorey

9:00pm - 12:00am

Contact
Local News


A potentially explosive gas leak in the basement of the 76 year old Pine Tavern closed the restaurant and several other businesses for a short time Friday evening.

 

Andy Hood with Bend Fire reports around 5:45 p.m., the Pine Tavern staff smelled a strong odor of gas and immediately called 9-1-1 and evacuated the building and surrounding areas.

 

The gas and electricity was turned off to adjacent businesses while crews from Cascade Natural Gas made the repairs.

 

According to the report, a water pipe in the basement had developed a leak and water extinguished the operating flame and pilot light on the water heater, along with automatic valves failing, allowing unburned gas to escape in the basement area.

 

No one was hurt and power and gas was restored to the area by 7:30 p.m.

 

Traffic

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.

 

  • Purcell Boulevard Northbound lane between Neff Road and Full Moon Drive (West side of the hospital) is closed until December 20th.

 

  • Nels Anderson Road between Nels Anderson Place and Brandis Court, single northbound shoulder closure will be in effect, two-way traffic to be maintained. Project completion expected December 2017.