Lars Larson

ON AIR NOW

Lars Larson

8:00pm - 10:00pm

Contact
Local News


A grease fire causes about  $10,000 damage to a Redmond home around 8:30 Friday evening.

 

Redmond Fire Marshal Traci Cooper says grease was heated on the stove and left unattended, caught fire. 

 

The residents extinguished the fire with baking soda and took the pan outside but found the fire had spread to the microwave and cabinets.  They evacuated the home and called 911.

 

Redmond Fire and Rescue was able to put the fire out quickly.  The major damage is confined to the kitchen - but other parts of the house sustained smoke damage.  No one was injured.

News
Traffic

 

 

 

  • Powers Road between SW Elkhorn Street and Porcupine Drive for paving, road closure with local access only, 9/16/19 - 9/17/19.
  • Rockbluff Lane between SW Elkhorn Street and SW Cliffrose Drive for paving, road closure with local access only, 9/16/19 - 9/17/19.
  • Cooley Road between Highway 97 and Hunters Circle for railroad crossing repairs, road closure with detour, 9/16/19 - 9/17/19.
  • NE 3rd Street between NE Greenwood Avenue and NE Franklin Avenue for Citywide Pedestrian Safety Improvements, periodic lane closures with local access, 9/16/19 - 10/25/19, night work from 10 p.m. - 10 a.m.
  • NE Revere Avenue between Division Street and NE Lytle Street for railroad crossing repairs, road closure with detours, 9/18/19 - 9/20/19.

 

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER