Troy Reinhart

ON AIR NOW

Troy Reinhart

10:00am - 12:00pm

Contact
Local News


Bend Fire officials say a smoldering object, like a charcoal briquette was the probable cause for a fire that caused about $30,000 damage at the Knott Landfill Friday evening.

 

Battalion Chief Dave Howe says firefighters were called to the receiving building at the Deschutes County Landfill around 5:30 P.M., to find the building filled with smoke and a fire in a loaded open topped solid waste truck parked in the area where trash is dispersed.

 

Firefighters were able to put out the fire and remove the smoke from the building; the truck was still drivable and it was moved to an area where the contents could be emptied and fully extinguished.

 

Damage was limited to an overhead door and some plastic windows, as well as smoke damage.

 

Howe reminds the community to be very careful disposing of anything that has burned; such as briquettes or woodstove ashes, and to make sure they are fully cold before disposal.

Hide Comments

Traffic

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.

 

  • Construction at 27th Street . Northbound Lane Closed from Reed Market to Bear Creek.  Detour in place.