George Noorey

ON AIR NOW

George Noorey

12:00am - 6:00am

Contact
Local News


A tough lesson for two Bend kids who were playing with fire. They sparked a small wildfire and got a ticket from police. Officials say Thursday afternoon's fire started after they dipped a tennis ball in Tiki oil, lit it on fire and kicked it around. The brushfire was in a vacant lot west of Mount Washington Drive, near Shields Drive and south of Shevlin Park Road in northwest Bend. The fire burned one tenth of an acre, and he nearest home was 150 yards away. Both were ticketed for reckless burning and released to their parents.

 

 

Share
Traffic

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.
  • Westbound lane of Neff Rd CLOSED >< Purcell and Medical Cntr Dr. (11/20-2/20)
  • Neff Road CLOSED at night from Purcell to Williamson (12/3-31)