Redmond Fire officials say a discarded cigarette sparked a fire that burned about a half-acre of brush and two vehicles between Bend and Redmond Wednesday afternoon. The fire cropped up around 2 p.m. in a field at on 73rd Street. A neighbor, Bonnie Cooper, who works from home says she saw thick, black smoke filling the sky. When she looked out her window, she saw her neighbor’s normally green pasture burning bright orange, on fire. She said if the wind had been blowing south, the fire likely would have spread to her property.