Hugh Hewitt

ON AIR NOW

Hugh Hewitt

3:00am - 5:00am

Contact
Regional News


Hand sanitizer is apparently responsible for a fire that injured an 11-year-old girl at Portland’s Doernbecher Children's Hospital.  Ireland Lane was in bed when her shirt caught fire.  Investigators don't know what ignited the fire.  Doctor Stacey Nicholson says this does not mean that hospitals should stop using hand sanitizer.  Lane suffered burn injuries requiring skin grafts.  She was previously treated for cancer and a head injury from a fall.  She was supposed to leave the hospital the day of the fire.

Help Puerto Rico

Most organizations are asking for cash, rather than supplies, so they can route help to where it’s needed most more quickly. Here are some of the largest groups with campaigns underway:

 

Traffic

 

 

  • Click on the link for the latest conditions on the mountain passes.

 

  • Intersection of NW Broadway Street and NW Delaware for waterline replacement project, road closures with detours clearly marked for thru traffic, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily with roads opened nightly. Motorists are encouraged to avoid this area and use Bond Street and Wall Street.

 

  • Nels Anderson Road between Nels Anderson Place and Brandis Court, single northbound shoulder closure will be in effect, two-way traffic to be maintained. Project completion expected December 2017.