Sales at U.S. retailers increased 0.9%, the first gain in four months, after a 0.5% drop in February, Commerce Department figures showed. Americans remain focused on using the savings at the gas pump to shore up finances even as employment and confidence firm and interest rates remain low. Cars and light trucks sold at a 17.1 million annualized rate in March, matching the strongest pace since August. (Bloomberg)
The producer price index rose 0.2% in March. Over the past 12 months, wholesale costs fell 0.8%. The PPI excluding food and fuel also climbed 0.2% from a month earlier. (Bloomberg)
Being tax day the following is due for individuals:
· Your returns and/or Extensions, with payments of balances due.
· 2014 Roth or Traditional IRA contributions.
· 2014 Oregon 529 plan contributions.
· 2015 first quarter Estimated Tax Payments are also due.
· The annual $150 OR Minimum Tax payment for all LLCs & S-Corps.
· Oregon partnership tax returns must be filed or extended. (Fowler & Co.)