George Noorey

ON AIR NOW

George Noorey

12:00am - 2:00am

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- A pot of food left cooking on the stove is blamed for an apartment fire in Bend, Tuesday morning.  Bend Fire crews responded to the apartment complex at NE 4th and Norton Ave. just after 10 a.m. and found the apartment unoccupied and full of smoke.  The building was evacuated and crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire.

 

Bend fire says a passing delivery driver heard the smoke alarms, saw smoke through the windows and called 911.  The resident apparently left for work with the pot still on the hot stove.  Most of the clothing and contents in that apartment are considered a loss, due to extensive smoke damage. 
News
Traffic

 

 

  • Hwy 20, Santiam Pass, 1-mile East of Suttle Lake to ORE 22 junction, up to 20 min DELAYS, Paving and Striping. 9am-5pm through 10/17
  • NE 3rd Street between NE Greenwood Avenue and NE Franklin Avenue for Citywide Pedestrian Safety Improvements, periodic lane closures with local access, 9/16/19 - 10/25/19, night work from 10 p.m. - 10 a.m.
  • 61st St CLOSED between Young Ave & Canal Blvd as part of the “Six Corners” Improvement (through 11/8)
  • SE 3rd between Hwy 97 and Murphy Road CLOSED 8pm – 5am (8/25-10/18)

 

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER