Local News


MADRAS, OR -- The Department of Environmental Quality has orderd the owner to clean up the property where the Historic Madras Hotel burned last October.  Frank Messina with the DEQ spoke with KBND News, "Licensed Asbestos Abatement contractor needs to perform this work because we're going to be disturbing the site and because we found Asbestos on the site."

 

The hotel burned October 26, 2014.  Messina says leaving the debris there is a public health risk. "We don't want Asbestos fiber blowing around for the neighbors." But, he says there are precautions that can be taken until then, "Keeping it wet will keep it from turning to dust and people are not supposed to be in there."  Messian says he's talked with the property owner who expects to have it cleaned up by the end of the month. 

 

 

For more pictures of the October fire, visit KBND's Facebook page

 
Traffic

 

 

  • Click the link above to get the latest road conditions.

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
News Disclaimers