Local News

Apartment Fire Blamed On Cigarette

BEND, OR -- An improperly disposed of cigarette is blamed for a Bend apartment fire, Monday morning. According to Bend Fire investigators, a passerby used water and a fire extinguisher to slow the spread of the blaze at Northwest Fifth and Portland, just before 10 a.m.

 

Investigators say a cigarette placed in a plastic container ignited other combustibles spreading to the deck and siding on the building.  Fire crews were able to quickly fully extinguish the fire at the four-plex, limiting damage to the outside of the building. On average, bend Fire responds to 40 cigarette-related fires each year.

On Air Now

Dan Bongino
Dan Bongino
10:00am - 1:00pm
The Best of Dan Bongino

FlashAlert

KBND ON FACEBOOK

 

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

News Disclaimers