Local News


BEND, OR -- Investigators blame improperly disposed of cigarettes for a fire on Northeast Rachel Court, in Bend, Wednesday. Residents of a four-plex reported smoke on the back deck, just after 6 p.m.

 

The blaze spread from the exterior of the building into the attic and to nearby brush and juniper. Bend Fire crews were able to quickly put out the fire before it spread up a hillside, while Forest Service firefighters made sure it didn’t spread to nearby homes and apartments. 
 
Firefighters also responded to three separate illegal open burns, and plan to issue citations in each of those cases. Bend Fire reminds residents that burning restrictions are in place.

Hide Comments

Traffic

 

 

  • Click the link above to get the latest road conditions.

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
News Disclaimers