Local News

BEND, OR  --  12:30 p.m.: The Bend Fire Department is on scene of a house fire in southeast Bend.


The blaze was originally reported as a garage fire just before 12:30 p.m. on Grand Targhee Drive, near Wasatch Mountain Lane. The fire quickly extended into the attic and nearby brush and trees.


The U.S. Forest Service and the Oregon Department of Forestry are assisting with the fire.


Fire officials ask people not to come into the area, as it is an active and ongoing operation.




UPDATE: Bend firefighters managed to keep the fire confined to the garage and attic. The fire broke out just after noon, near the Bend Golf and Country Club. Crews stopped the blaze before it spread to the living quarters, but it destroyed the roof.


Investigators believe the fire started with lithium batteries plugged in to charge in the garage. Damage is estimated at $200,000.

Hide Comments




  • Click the link above to get the latest road conditions.


News Disclaimers