Local News

Fire Heavily Damages Broken Top Home

BEND, OR -- Fire caused significant damage at a Broken Top home, Friday night. Bend Fire Battalion Chief Dave Howe says when firefighters arrived on Tam McArthur Loop they "found a large house with an attic fire and smoke coming from the second floor." He tells KBND, "We were able to extinguish the fire fairly quickly; however, we had to move with the salvage efforts quite slowly because we had a tile roof that was in danger of collapsing."


Investigators later determined the blaze started in the flue of the fireplace, causing more than $500,000 in damage. Howe says those inside at the time were alerted by smoke alarms and later saw fire coming from the chimney enclosure on the roof.

On Air Now

George Noorey
George Noorey
12:00am - 2:00am
Coast to Coast



News Disclaimers