Local News


BEND, OR -- Fire broke out at Soba Noodles in downtown Bend Tuesday afternoon, and investigators say it started when an employee tried to thaw frozen gutters with a blow torch.

 

When firefighters responded to the restaurant at about 2:20 p.m., they had to cut through sections of the wall and soffit to fully extinguish the blaze. 
 
Bend Fire recommends using ice melt or chiseling out the ice to avoid fires like this. 
 
Soba Noodles will remain closed until the roof and siding can be repaired.

Hide Comments

Traffic

 

 

  • Click the link above to get the latest road conditions.

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
News Disclaimers