Mark Levin

ON AIR NOW

Mark Levin

3:00pm - 6:00pm

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- If there is a pooch on your gift list, you’ll want to consider some advice from the Humane Society of Central Oregon. Lynne Ouchida says keep in mind your dog’s chew strength before getting a chew toy. “Rawhides can be dangerous. They can be bitten off in large chunks that can be swallowed and then expand. The ends of the knotted rawhides are notorious for being chewed off and swallowed whole and then often times you end up at a vet clinic having that removed.” And, avoid chew toys that have easily removable eyes and other small parts that cannot be digested.

 

Also, make sure to keep ribbons and string from opened presents away from pets. “We don’t want our pets to chew them,” says Ouchida. “They can be ingested and cause some difficulties with the intestinal track.” 
 
And, to make sure your holiday dinner isn’t spoiled by a sick animal; avoid feeding them scraps of rich fatty foods - Save those for left-overs!

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

  • NE 27th Street between NE Butler Market and Jill Avenue for roadwork related to roundabout construction, full road closure with detour, 4/13/20 - 7/27/20 
  • 15th Street between Knott Road and the new collector road for infrastructure installation, full closure of the roadway, 12/26/20 - 7/31/20 

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER