Local News

Cigarette Blamed for NE Bend Fire

BEND, OR -- Investigators blame an improperly discarded cigarette for a small fire at at northeast Bend business, Wednesday morning. Firefighters responded to News and Smokes at Third and Vail, just after 7 a.m., and quickly extinguished the small fire at the rear of the building.

 

Bend Fire says a cigarette was likely tossed into bark dust near the wall; smoldering bark ignited wood siding on fire and the fire traveled into the wall, causing about $5,000 in damage. 
 
officials remind everyone to leave 6"-12" between landscaping bark and combustible materials like siding. 

On Air Now

Lars Larson
Lars Larson
12:00pm - 3:00pm
Lars Larson

Traffic

 

 

  • Click the link above to get the latest road conditions.

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK

 

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

News Disclaimers