Mark Levin

ON AIR NOW

Mark Levin

3:00pm - 6:00pm

Contact
Local News


BEND, OR -- Bend Fire investigators say an unattended candle led to a small fire at a house on the south end of Bend, Monday afternoon. The resident apparently left the second-story room for a moment, and wind blew the blinds into the candle. She heard the smoke alarm, grabbed her child and evacuated the home.

 

Neighbors used a garden hose to extinguish the flames and by the time crews arrived, the fire was out.  Firefighters checked the building and removed the smoke. 
 
They say working smoke detectors were a significant factor in keeping everyone safe.

Hide Comments

News
Traffic

 

 

  • Hwy 20, Santiam Pass, 1-mile East of Suttle Lake to ORE 22 junction, up to 20 min DELAYS, Paving and Striping. 9am-5pm through 10/17
  • NE 3rd Street between NE Greenwood Avenue and NE Franklin Avenue for Citywide Pedestrian Safety Improvements, periodic lane closures with local access, 9/16/19 - 10/25/19, night work from 10 p.m. - 10 a.m.
  • 61st St CLOSED between Young Ave & Canal Blvd as part of the “Six Corners” Improvement (through 11/8)
  • SE 3rd between Hwy 97 and Murphy Road CLOSED 8pm – 5am (8/25-10/18)

 

 

KBND ON FACEBOOK
 
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER