PRINEVILLE, OR -- A northeast Prineville home was damaged by fire, late Saturday night. The resident was awoken by smoke detectors just before 11:30 p.m. and evacuated.
When firefighters arrived, they discovered the fire in the crawl space under the house. They believe it started in the forced air heating unit. It took about an hour to bring the fire under control.
There were no human injuries, but two cats were rescued and suffered smoke inhalation. They were resuscitated by firefighters and appear to be OK.