Local News

H.S. Art Exhibit Raises Funds For Preschool Pgm

BEND, OR -- A student-founded, student-run arts nonprofit hosts its first public event, Friday evening in Bend. The gallery showing will showcase artwork created by Redmond Proficiency Academy students and teachers, and raise money for NeighborImpact


Teacher Adam Mendel says RPA junior Cheyenne Doescher helped create "Pollywog Arts" and the event. "Her mother is a preschool teacher at NeighborImpact, so she wanted to find a way to give back. We’re really lucky at RPA to have good funding for our arts program. And, through talking to her mom, she found that NeighborImpact could use a little support for younger artists in the community."
Mendel owns Willow Lane Artist’s Creative Space, in Bend, which is donating space for the event. "One of our big missions as a studio is to create and support community within the arts in Central Oregon. Our big deal is getting artists out of their garage and spare bedrooms and into a community space where we can give each other feedback. And, we love supporting young artists." He tells KBND News it allows students to get real-life experience showing and selling their work. The artists will keep 60% of their proceeds; the other 40% goes to NeighborImpact. "It’s just a really great opportunity to do a little holiday shopping to support student artists, both at Redmond Proficiency Academy and at NeighborImpact. There’s everything from a 3D ceramic sculpture to some fine art paintings, drawings and photography."
The show begins Friday at 6 p.m. at the Willow Lane studios on SE Second Street. Click HERE for details. 

On Air Now

Coast to Coast
9:00pm - 12:00am
Coast to Coast




  • Click the link above to get the latest road conditions.





News Disclaimers