PRINEVILLE, OR -- A Prineville area man was seriously injured in an explosion, Friday morning. The victim, identified only as a man in his mid-50s, suffered significant burns in the incident, according to the Crook County Sheriff's Office.
They say he was burning debris near a home on Willowdale Drive, at around 10 a.m. It flared up when he poured gasoline on the fire, causing the gas can to explode in his hand. The man was flown to the hospital for treatment of his injuries. There is no word on his condition. No property damage was reported.