Local News

Family Loses Home in Redmond Fire

REDMOND, OR -- Two people lost their home, Tuesday night, when a trailer and attached temporary structure exploded east of NE 9th and East Antler, in Redmond. Firefighters saw a large column of black smoke and a fireball as they responded to the scene, just after 4:30 p.m. 


According to investigators, a woman was in the trailer, transferring gasoline into a smaller container to be used for an outside generator. Fumes ignited when vapors accumulated and found an ignition source inside the trailer, resulting in a flash fire. She grabbed her child and evacuated. The Red Cross is assisting the family and their pets. 


Redmond Fire reminds everyone that it's unsafe to have open sources of flammable liquids or gasses inside an enclosed space. They say fumes can accumulate and, if an ignition source is near, it can ignite. Always transfer fuels in a well-ventilated area to prevent the accumulation of vapors. 

On Air Now

The Weekend with Joe Pags
6:00pm - 9:00pm
The Weekend with Joe Pags




  • Click the link above to get the latest road conditions.





News Disclaimers